All international students studying in New Zealand are required by the “Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students” to have compliant medical and travel insurance for the duration of their New Zealand student visa.
As an international student in New Zealand and to meet the requirements of your visa, you must have appropriate medical and travel insurance. This must cover your time studying in, and travelling to and from New Zealand:


● Established to ensure that international students (under the age of 60) who are studying in New Zealand, at a private training establishment, have appropriate cover that complies with the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students.

● Provides you with important protection and you should take the time to download the policy and review it.

● The policy wording is the legal basis for the insurance.

● It is your responsibility to pay for medical check-ups and treatment for maintenance of your physical and dental health.

● Cover is not provided for immigration medicals, contraception, sexually transmitted illnesses or pregnancy terminations.

● If you are arriving in New Zealand with family, you should strongly consider obtaining family cover.

● If you do not cover your family, all medical expenses, including hospital treatment will be at your own cost. To put this fact into perspective for you, one night’s hospital stay can cost over NZ$1,000. All school age children will be required to have cover to be enrolled in a NZ school.


How to be reimbursed for expenses on an insurance claim:

● If you have a claim, you will have to complete and submit the claim form.

● Attach original receipts and post it to the address on the form.

● We recommend that you keep a copy of the form and receipts for your records.